Friday 25 January 2008

Day off.

I have taken the day off today. My plan was to got to the bank and then to do that interview with that musician. I went to the bank and it transpired that their systems had crashed so I have to go back on Monday now anyway. It's just occurred to me that that's the kind of thing that used to send me into a fit but today it hasn't. A marked improvement I think.

With regards to the musician - he 'broke down' last night and had to stay in London so I still haven't done the interview. I think I might just write it anyway. It'll read;

S***** W*****
Total cunt.

What do you think? Don't know if my editor will go for it.

I also had my car washed (always makes me feel happy) and then paid my £194.95 vet bill. I think that would've been less painful had he lived - though of course I can't be sure.

I'm also back on the Atkin's Plan. Before anyone tells me off I'd like to point out that the last time I went on it I was a bit mental and at the moment I'm definitely not mental. Nope.

It's only for a couple of weeks anyway. I have no patience for dieting and all I want is for all my work clothes to fit properly again. I can't afford to buy new ones at the moment. Anyway - at least it stops me from drinking.

3 comments:

Mr Grim said...

AMG you cant use that many astrix! Not a f**kin' chance in the f**kin' world any editor will go for that f**kin' many. My vote is still for an audio clip of said musician after the ball punting. I'd buy a mag for that alone (no, i'm not going to state how you get an audio clip into a printed magazine, its almost midnight and my brain stopped several hours ago).
As for the dieting, anything is good in MODERATION. You turn into a rake tho, and i WILL I.V feed you directly with Krispy Kreme's until your no-longer transparent. Word.

Katy Newton said...

Agh, the Atkins Plan. I was also a bit mental when I was on it.

What I was told by my doctor, though, was that it was actually the reason I was a little bit mental, because in some people restricting carbohydrates stops them from producing serotonin and makes them screamy and miserable. If Atkins makes you a bit demented, I would really, really recommend that you give yourself some complex carbs in the morning, like maybe a bowl of porridge or some densely seedy bread or something.

You will still lose weight, because actually you can get away with at least 50g carbs a day on Atkins - I read some science, there's a set point for carbs and whilst Atkins sets it far too low for most people there's no harm in working it out for yourself - um - perhaps a post on the Lardblog about this. Yes. Anyway, hi there.

The Princess said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm not screamy and mental yet but will definitely be monitoring my mentalness over the next week. I think I'll start reintroducing carbs next week anyway. I will keep you all posted! Hi there too.