Sunday 28 September 2008

I am not mad, or hypersensitive or neurotic!

I have had the great pleasure of spending time with two of my closest friends this afternoon and after plucking up the courage to talk to them about the issues that I have been experiencing at work (i.e. the underhand bitchy comments that many of my colleagues - even the ones who profess to be my friends - make) I can confirm that far from rolling their eyes and telling me that I'm being hypersensitive they comforted me and sympathised - which was wonderful.

It's been so long since I've had people who truly understand me around and it was so refreshing to be able to express my emotions without my confidant rolling their eyes or groaning that I'm always 'whining'. Though I realise that my colleagues are probably
uncomfortable around me because I rock their little world by expecting more than they do, or by striving a little harder; being a bit more demanding; mixing things up a bit; that doesn't stop me from feeling like I'm a total outsider when I have to spend eight hours a day with them.

They must think that I'm just whining and doing nothing about my situation; truth is I have a job interview on Friday and I'm praying I get it as it sounds a lot like the people will be a bit more accommodating of someone with a little ambition.

Wish me luck chaps!

No comments: